GREEN GATE FARMS
(BASTROP, TX — 20 miles from Austin)
Responsibilities: Farm Manager for 35-acre certified-organic farm. Create and maintain field plans and
organic certification records for 200-member CSA; manage wholesale and retail sales; direct pasture
rotations for livestock; manage and lead work teams; oversee planting, harvesting, and weeding in field and
Other farm work may include: Daily feed/care of livestock; assist with installation/repair of
irrigation/fencing; building barn/outbuildings; install/maintain orchard. Report to farm founders.
Commitment: 40 hours per week. Start ASAP.
• Experienced organic farmer with record of increasing responsibility
• Self-directed, well-organized, reliable
• Outgoing, good sense of humor
• Ability to work hard in all-weather, easily lift 50 lbs.
• Know your way around tools, handy
• Passionate about organic, sustainable systems
• Work with minimal supervision
• Clean driving record
• No drugs, prison time; this is a family farm
• Commensurate with experience
• Free certified organic vegetables and pastured meats
• Easy drive to town (Bastrop, 8 miles east; Austin, 20 miles west)
• Access to river for fishing, canoeing, swimming
• Beautiful, restful place to live and work
Note: Rent-free on-farm living available if you have your own RV/tiny house. Site is on beautiful
ridge above Colorado River with shade, deck, water, and metered electricity provided.
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, three work references, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. No
phone calls please. Note: Due to time constraints, we will only respond to applicants with farming
See www.greengatefarms.net to learn more about the farm.
Latest posts by Nicole Collins (see all)
- MOFGA LANDSCAPE INTERN - February 19, 2016
- Administrative Assistant – HEAL Food Alliance - February 19, 2016
- Children’s Garden Instructor: Queens Botanical Garden - February 19, 2016